I recently took down my Christmas Decor and my house looks so bare and not cozy :( .. gloom, despair… So, I decided this year I am going to do something about it! Yay! Here are my inspiring mantel ideas in hopes that soon I will add love, color, texture, varying heights, and lots of fun back to our mantel!
Top 5 things to give our mantel back it’s love:
1. GARLAND~ Garland does not have to be used only for the Holidays, so I am going to make a “year round” garland or even for other Holidays besides Christmas… Valentine’s Day, Easter, etc.
2. PATTERN~ Different Patterns add so much texture, depth and life to your mantel, I can’t wait to see what I can come up with using lots of different patterns :)
3. COLOR~ We have a white mantel, so color is key for us! I love bright pops of reds, oranges, yellows and blues! Oh, of course Pink and Purple too… you can never have enough color!
4. MIRROR(S)~ Mirrors add depth and space to your mantel or any space in your home. I especially love putting sculptures, patterned vases, cups, plates in front of the mirror so it will reflect the beautiful patterns and shape of the objects you choose.
5. SOMETHING FUN~ Don’t forget to add a little spice to your mantel… We only live once! No boring mantels here! :)
Have fun decorating your “After Christmas Mantel” :) Please send pictures of your mantel ideas, I’d love to see! :)